11.28.2005

Today

Will I lose my dignity
will someone care
will I wake tomorrow
from this nightmare

-- "Will I" from "Rent"

This song was featured in the movie I saw last week with a friend. [Just a quick note, the subjects and themes are not easy and very liberal.] The song "Will I" is from a scene showing an AIDS support group and how they are living with the disease. After the movie, we were talking about how even "secular" people understand community. The lyrics jumped out at me because I'm in a place where I need to reveal more of me in order to keep pressing forward in Christ. I fear rejection and humilation most of all. I may lose everything. My life right now is far from stable and full of anxiety. I struggle. My first blog post says to come closer. I'm running away again. Living in torment and being alone is what I know.

There's Only Now
There's Only Here
Give In To Love
Or Live In Fear
No Other Path
No Other Way
No Day But Today

-- From "Finale B" in "Rent"

I doubt they were talking about God. But for me and for you who need this, we must give in to His love or continue to live in fear. Let's start today.

No comments: