9.05.2006

Come Closer: The Reprise

It's been almost a year since I heard the words, "come closer" during an all-night prayer vigil at ATS. If not for Christ' death, the Perfect Sacrifice, I would not be allowed to move nearer to God, to enter into that Most Holy Place to have fellowship with the Father. A year of character and intergrity building which lead to humility and death to things that needed to die, I did move closer. I thought sin or a job would fix the void I was carrying in my heart. Only God Himself will ever be enough but I had to be purified and consecrated. I could not clean myself up or perform well enough. I just had to let the High Priest intercede for me and clean me up for communion at the Table.

In the desert I found an intimacy I would otherwise never have known ...

1 comment:

David Wofford said...

Mmmmhmmm...the desert! Aren't you glad He is in charge? You're going there but its only because you are not in charge. He is taking you there. Its his story after all...