12.29.2006

Trail of Destruction/Chance for Repentance

"I cannot discover God in myself and myself in Him unless I have the courage to face myself exactly as I am, with all my limitations, and to accept others as they are, with all their limitations."
-- Thomas Merton, No Man Is An Island

I never thought I would be that person. The one that hurt other people. I was always on the other side of the battle. I was the victim. I was one constantly being hurt. But it's true, hurt people hurt people. I too, was a perpetrator. I recently found that out through months of self-evalution. I realized how selfish I was. The damage I had caused friends and family. It's tough to face. But in the midst I've found something ...

2 Corithians 7:10-11a
"Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done."


And I'm thankful for the grace and the mercy to repent, to change, to grow, to love, to grow as a son of the Most High.

No comments: