4.26.2011

The Cadence of My Cry

In the Name of Jesus I’m forgiven
I committed a sin, I admit it
All I wanted was to be loved
To feel great, and fly like a dove
I own my mistakes, no one else to blame
Some days the tears fall down my face like rain
I hurt myself and others I cared for
I have no idea what the future has in store
I know there’s redemption, there’s good to come
At least there’s a lesson, another one has begun
Pay attention to all that I’ve learned
About myself and others so next time no one gets burned
Take no one for granted because you never know
The gift you received can go away, melt away like snow
Do whatever you can to be wise like Solomon
Pray, examine yourself, do the work to shine like the Son
He’s the only Savior, no one can take His place
But it’s so easy to put things, people in His space
There are letdowns, disappointments, confusion and sadness
I did what I thought was the best way to handle my madness
But there’s a way that seems right to a man
But destruction will not let you stand
Knock you down as you follow its path
So follow God, find life, please – do the math
If you find yourself on the ground
If failure in your life is a common noun,
Staying there won’t help your cause
Get back up again, take a minute and pause,
“Where do you want to go with the time you have left?”
Each choice affects the destination, each and every step
Life or death, say the word, the power of the tongue
If not, you may find yourself throwing in the towel and be done
But the story does not have to have that ending
A better conclusion, may the world hear it, you’re sending
A message that not all hope is lost
My Beloved, Yahweh, He’s the Boss
Specialize in working things together for good
Making all things new, how He does it, I have no clue
The Mystery, the unknown, the Spirit at work
Can turn me, you, or any handful of dirt
To something beautiful, clean, radiant and pure
Separating us from our iniquity, that’s what He does I’m sure
That’s what He said when we agree that we miss the mark
He’s faithful, just, and then leads us out of the dark
May we walk with Him each and every day
There will be trouble, not a lot of times like a sunny afternoon in May
So stay the course, a higher calling is the prize
No reward on earth can match its size
We have no idea the inheritance we will receive
Taking up our cross, never give up, and just believe
Finding rest in the arms of my soul’s Lover
May I always dwell in the secret place and find cover
I’m sorry Jesus that I can’t get it right
I feel so lost at times, and I loose my sight
Distracted by the evil desires of my heart
How wicked it is and my shadow self -- loves playing its part
I pray one day to make you proud, leaving behind an amazing legacy
That I didn’t always give in and was owned by a life of ecstasy
Not a screw up or a looser but one who persevered
One who endured only because of the strength that Yeshua was near
He is the only one who can keep me from falling
Keeping me faultless before His glorious presence, I heard the calling
Yet so many times I walked away, did my own thing
And found myself many days spent in self-pity and shame
All I have left is the cry, please hear your son
Please remember when you come into Your Kingdom

No comments: